Sunday, April 15

To My Sisters

To the lovely women I'm honored to call my friends,

I realize I haven't been the best friend I can be to you and I really need you to know how much I appreciate you. Lately I've wanted to pull away and be by myself while I'm dealing with...just life. I tend to think these things are personal and that everyone has their own stuff they have to sort through. But now I realize that when I fall into any kind of sadness or trouble, it's you guys who lift my spirits. So I apologize for sometimes not telling you how life is really going when you ask. I don't like to play the victim but I’m realizing, sometimes stuff happens and we can't do it on our own! That's when our girls are the best people to go to for encouragement & comfort, after going to God of course.

Also, I apologize for being so sucky at communication. I'm not the best at verbalizing how I really feel; y'all know I'm a writer. When I talk, things don't come out the way I intend them or I don't make sense. Anyway, I'm also sorry that I fear speaking truth into your life because I don't want you to be mad at me or to put our friendship at risk. You may not speak truth into my life because I tend to get really quiet which may make you think I’m hurt. I'm sorry. From now on, please know that I will grow some & be honest, and that I really want you to be honest with me as well. Yes, even if you think it will hurt, because I want to grow spiritually and be a better person.

Iron sharpening iron is scratchy & produces sparks, but God calls us to do it. And I ask that when you do speak up, it would be between you & me, and out of both love for me and obedience to God. I'm sorry that I haven't been willing to invest in your lives lately. I've been self-centered and selfish. I haven't encouraged you in your walks as much as I'm called to. I'm also sorry that sometimes our conversations end up being gossip or worldly things because that stuff is what's on our minds anyway, so might as well vent with our girls right? Wrong. I want to really honor God with the things we say and do when we spend time together. I also want to let you know that I consider myself so blessed to be able to call you up when I need prayer, a shoulder to cry on, or someone to save me from boredom. You all are lovely! Know that I'm here for you for anything and if you need a listening ear or have a prayer request call me up! And we'll have coffee/hot chocolate, a Bible in hand, and some Kleenex if they're needed. I love you. So much. God bless you always & keep you safe.

Love,
Miyah Faith

1 comment:

  1. thank you love <3 it's a beautiful thing to share life with each other, carrying each other's pain and joy... carrying each other to Jesus... coming to understand the gentleness and strength of our Savior and the endless grace of our Father. You are a dear, precious sister. We won't let you go *hug*

    ReplyDelete